Who are the Top Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in South Carolina?
Have you been searching for the top workers’ compensation attorney in South Carolina? There is no list that ranks the “best” attorney for workers’ compensation, but we believe that finding the right attorney to represent you is critical to a successful outcome.
If you have been injured in a work related accident, it is important to hire an experienced workers compensation attorney that can help you get the medical treatment, out of work checks, and settlement for your physical impairment that you are entitled to receive under the law. On the job injuries can be financially devastating if you do not have a qualified attorney protecting your best interests before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
There is no list that ranks the “best” attorney for workers’ compensation, but we believe that finding the right attorney to represent you is critical to a successful outcome. When you are searching for an attorney to represent you in your workers’ compensation claim, here are some tips for you to consider so that you choose the best attorney for your case:
1. HIRE AN ATTORNEY THAT FOCUSES ON REPRESENTING INJURED WORKERS IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION.
The laws of Workers’ Compensation in South Carolina are unique and often require specialized skill and training to fully understand. We believe it is important to hire a workers’ compensation firm that focuses its practice on representing injured workers. Many lawyers handle a variety of matters, such as real estate, divorce, wills, or traffic court, but the lawyer that you should hire for a workers’ compensation matter should make representing injured workers a top priority. The lawyers at the Goings Law Firm all are trained in workers’ compensation and have considerable experience appearing before the Workers’ Compensation Commission, which makes this firm a great pick for your work accident injury.
2. READ ONLINE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU HIRE A WORKER’S COMPENSATION ATTORNEY.
- Have you taken the time to read reviews of attorneys who handle worker’s compensation claim? We find that online reviews from former clients can be very helpful in picking the best workers’ compensation attorney for your case. You can find reviews on website such as Google, Lawyers.com, and Avvo.com, and we would recommend choosing an attorney with strong recommendations and reviews of former clients. When you read the reviews, understand that not every person can be pleased despite how hard you work or how great the result may be for their case. If you are interested in reading the 5 star and 10/10 reviews about the Goings Law Firm, check out these links: Lawyers.com Reviews, SuperLawyers Reviews, Avvo.com Reviews. The Goings Law Firm is also featured on Expertise.com as a highly ranked injury firm in South Carolina, as shown here.
3. ONE-ON-ONE ATTENTION IS IMPORTANT.
- One-on-one attention to you and your case should be a necessary factor in deciding to hire an attorney. Ask yourself, do you want to retain an attorney that accepts a “high volume” of injury claims, or do you want an attorney who will get to know you personally and doesn’t treat you as just another number? We believe that smaller caseloads make for better attorney client relationship, which often fosters a better outcome for your particular case. At the Goings Law Firm, we provide one-on-one attention to each client.
4. MAKE SURE THE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY TAKES YOUR CASE ON A CONTINGENCY FEE BASIS.
- How you pay your attorney for an injury on the job is important. The best way for an injured worker to pay for an attorney is through a contingency fee basis. This allows you to hire an attorney without ever paying a penny out of pocket. The attorneys would only be compensated if they obtain financial compensation in your favor, so in essence, the attorney’s fees are only “contingent” on your attorney obtaining a monetary result for you. A contingency fee arrangement allows an injured worker to hire an attorney without costing anything on the front end and the attorney bears the risk, not you. Importantly, contingency fee incentives your attorney to get you the most money possible, because the attorneys’ fees are tied to a percentage of the overall settlement or recovery. Additionally, your attorney should advance all associated legal costs so that you do not incur any upfront charges or bills during the course of your representation. At the Goings Law Firm, we only handle workers’ compensation claims under at contingency basis and our attorney’s fees and costs are always approved by the Workers’ Compensation Commission so you know that you are being treated fairly and not being overcharged.
5. DOES THE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY HAVE A TRACK RECORD FOR SUCCESS?
- Another consideration in choosing a worker’s compensation is whether law firm has a proven track record for success in court. Often times attorneys have no desire or interest in going to court, and instead take the easy route through opting for a settlement that is less than the value of the case. We refuse to take the “low-ball quick check” approach to helping injured workers. When the insurance company refuses to give proper medical treatment or pay you what your case is worth, we take them to court. If workers’ compensation insurance carrier knows you are willing to take your case to trial, this allows you to resolve the case more fairly and with higher compensation. The Goings Law Firm has a proven track record of winning cases for injured workers before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, and we look forward to the opportunity to win your case if you are faced with a serious on the job injury.
6. HIRE A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY THAT OTHER ATTORNEYS TRUST.
- We recommend hiring a workers’ compensation attorney that other attorneys trust for serious injuries that occur on the job. Asking a lawyer who they would recommend is often a good way to find an experienced attorney. Many of the workers’ compensation clients of this firm are based on recommendations from other attorneys. The Goings Law Firm is a firm that other attorneys routinely trust and hire in representing their clients before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.