If you or a loved one have suffered harm in a bicycle injury, the Goings Law Firm, LLC is here for you. Bicycle injuries are often extremely serious, as bicyclists do not have the same protections that passenger vehicles do. As a result, accidents that have little to no impact on a car or truck can result in permanent injuries or even death for a cyclist.
Bicycle injuries that occur as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of others cannot and should not be tolerated. Fortunately, it may be possible for accident victims to get compensation in these situations. Our personal injury team at the Goings Law Firm, LLC knows that compensation can be critical for those in Columbia who become the victims of bicycle accidents. We will work for you and fight to get you the money you need to pay your medical bills, replace your bike, and move on with your life. Contact us at (803) 350-9230 to set up a free consultation with an experienced Columbia bike accident attorney today.
Do I Need an Attorney?
Bicycle injuries can be very serious and can take months or years to fully recover from. In addition to the time spent recovering in a hospital, you may need to go through months of physical therapy to get back to peak condition. If the accident was bad enough, you might never fully recover. In any event, your primary concern should be on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track. Doing this can be complicated by the expenses that recovering can have. Paying for your medical bills, physical therapy, and other expenses can be difficult and stressful.
A lawyer can help you get the compensation that you need while you focus on getting better. Lawyers are trained in how to best represent their clients. They are knowledgeable about the law and have the skills needed to negotiate with other parties, like insurance companies, to get you the compensation you need. To give yourself the best chance of recovering, you need an experienced bicycle accident attorney on your side.
Why Should I Choose the Goings Law Firm, LLC?
The Goings Law Firm, LLC is dedicated to securing the best possible results for our clients. Using our in-depth knowledge of the legal system, we have won millions of dollars for our clients, and we can put our skills to work for you as well. We are familiar with all kinds of personal injury cases, including bicycle accidents, so we know what it takes to win your case. We know the pain and stress that you are dealing with, and we are determined to do what we can to alleviate it. Let us fight for your compensation by contacting us today. We will set up a consultation and listen to your story. After we hear what happened from you, we can start building your case to make sure that you recover compensation for all of the injuries and property damage you have been forced to deal with.
How Bicycle Injuries Can Occur
Even if you take every safety precaution while biking, it is impossible to account for every situation, and accidents can happen to even the most attentive of people.
There are many ways in which a bicycle accident may occur as a result of negligence on the part of others, with some of the most common being:
When a bicycle accident occurs as a result of these or other causes, the victim may be entitled to compensation from the party responsible for causing the accident. You do not have to bear the expense for injuries that caused by the bad actions of another group.
Compensation You May Be Owed
Bicycle injuries can have many consequences. They can cause severe injuries, destroy your property, and change your life forever. Fortunately, you can seek compensation after an accident for expenses including:
- Medical expenses: Ambulance rides, the initial trip to the ER, and continuing doctor appointments, surgeries, and medications can add up.
- Loss of income, past or future: Time spent away from work can lose you a lot of money. In addition, some injuries can cost you your career, especially if you have a physical job.
- Property damage: Damage done to your bicycle and personal items that you were carrying.
- Pain and Suffering: The physical pain that you have experienced as well as the mental trauma you have suffered is real, and you deserve monetary compensation for it.
- Disfigurement: Serious scarring can have a noticeable effect on your life.
- Wrongful death: If one of your loved ones was killed in a bicycle accident, you may have the right to compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, and other losses.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Some injuries can prevent you from doing activities you used to enjoy. For example, a severely injured leg can stop you from ever biking again.
Regardless of the nature of the injury that you have suffered, there is likely compensation available to you to help alleviate some of the stress and strain following an accident. An experienced attorney will be able to determine what compensation you should ask for based on the details of your case.
What You Should Do After a Bicycle Accident
Accidents that cause serious injuries can be terrifying and life-changing. You could be left with serious injuries that will affect you for a long time, possibly forever. That said, there are things that you can do to improve your situation as much as possible. By following these steps, you should be able to mitigate the consequences of bicycle injuries.
- Get medical aid. If your injuries are not treated immediately, they can become even worse and may cause you more harm than necessary. Do not worry about cost; we can help you recover for that later. Your first priority should be getting healthy, so don’t leave your injuries alone and let them get even worse.
- Report the bicycle accident to the authorities. The scene of the accident needs to be documented as soon as possible so evidence can be gathered to support your case. For example, if a vehicle swerved into a bike lane and hit you, traffic camera footage or tire skid marks can be used as evidence to support your case.
- Notify your insurance company. They should be able to get you the money that you will need while your case is ongoing, but only if you properly report the incident to them.
- Keep track of any expenses. Some of your compensation will be based on the costs you have had to pay, and keeping track of your expenses can make it much easier for you to get compensated for them. These expenses can include costs of medical treatment, costs to repair your damaged property, and lost wages from time spent away from work.
- Contact the Goings Law Firm, LLC. We are willing and able to help you, but we can only represent you if you allow us to. Make sure to act quickly as well. South Carolina has a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury, such as bicycle accidents. Putting together a strong case can take a long time, so any delay can risk you losing part or all the compensation that you deserve. Contact us right away at (803) 350-9230.
Talk to a Bicycle Injuries Attorney in Columbia
At the Goings Law Firm, LLC, our attorneys fight to get our clients just compensation after they have unduly suffered bicycle injuries at the hands of another person or party. To speak with us today about the bicycle accident that caused you to suffer harm and how we might be able to help you pursue justice, call (803) 350-9230.