What are the 10 most dangerous intersections in Columbia?
Many of Our Clients Are Injured in the Worst Intersections in Columbia and Richland County by Reckless Drivers
The Most Dangerous Intersection in the entire State of South Carolina is located in Columbia. A study performed by The State Newspaper in Columbia determined that the most intersection collisions in the entire state of South Carolina occurred in Columbia a I-20 and U.S. 176 (Columbia), with a total of 669 collision from 2011-2015.
In this study, the State Newspaper also analyzed the most dangerous intersections based on reports of collisions that occurred in Columbia and Richland County during 2016. The data was obtained from incident investigated by the Columbia Police Department and S.C. Highway Patrol.
The State compiled the following list of intersections in Columbia and Richland County with the highest number of crashes:
INSIDE COLUMBIA CITY LIMITS
- Assembly Street and Elmwood Avenue: 50 collisions, 10 with injuries
- Taylor Street and Huger Street: 49 collisions, nine with injuries
- Devine Street/Garners Ferry Road and Rosewood Drive: 45 collisions, 10 with injuries
- Main Street and Elmwood Avenue: 38 collisions, four with injuries, one fatal
- Gervais Street and Huger Street: 37 collisions, nine with injuries
- Investigated by Columbia Police Department
JUST OUTSIDE COLUMBIA IN RICHLAND COUNTY
- I-20 and Broad River Road: 142 collisions, 26 with injuries
- I-20 and I-26: 84 collisions, 15 with injuries
- I-26 and Broad River Road: 78 collisions, nine with injuries
- Killian Road and I-77: 75 collisions, 10 with injuries
- Two Notch Road and Sparkleberry Lane: 64 collisions, eight with injuries
Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article153453474
Please contact us today if you were injured in a collision in Columbia or its surrounding counties in South Carolina. Many of the cases that we handle have involved collisions in the dangerous intersections that are listed in this study. We offer compassion, aggressive, and experienced representation to victims of car and truck accidents — call us at 803-350-9230 today for a free consultation.