HAVE YOU BEEN SEVERELY INJURED IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT IN SOUTH CAROLINA?
Here are some quick tips that we tell most clients:
- Seek medical attention for yourself before attempting to do anything else. Often time injuries can manifest several hours or days after a collision once the adrenaline and initial shock of the trauma wears off. If your injuries require, you should follow up with your family doctor or other specialist after your discharge from the hospital or emergency room.
- Try to documenting the accident scene through photographs and videos on your cell phone.
- If there are any witness or onlookers at the accident scene, its is very important to get their full names, addresses, and phone numbers. Never rely on the police officer to gather this information.
- Do not admit fault to anybody at the scene. Limit what you say to statements of facts to the responding law enforcement officer.
- Avoid speaking altogether to insurance adjusters and attorneys representing the trucking company and other potential defendants. Nothing good will come out of talking to an insurance adjuster or trucking company representative without an attorney. The insurance adjuster or the trucking company claims representation is not your friend!
- Most importantly, strongly consider hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon a possible. At the very least, call an attorney at our firm and we will try to answer any questions that you may have– but please know that without a lawyer, your rights could be severely jeopardized.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a collision with a truck, give the Goings Law Firm, LLC a call today at (803) 350-9230. We have more tips that we cannot put on the website and there is no obligation to see if we can help. We are South Carolina’s Trucking Accident Lawyers.