A New Jersey-based company recently issued a recall on at least seven brands of ground turmeric sold nationwide due to concerns that it was contaminated by lead, an article of Fortune reported on August 9.
Reports said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a follow-up recall on August 5 for six ground turmeric brands of Gel Spice Inc. after they confirmed the affected spice brands contained high levels of lead. Gel Spice initially recalled “Fresh Finds” due to possible contamination. Inspectors in New York discovered the contamination after conducting a test of the products. The recall now also affects Market Pantry, Spice Select, Clear Value, Gel, Spice Supreme and Lieber’s ground turmeric brands.
Lead is a toxic chemical that can cause serious illnesses when accidentally ingested. If you or a loved one suspects that a contaminated food caused your illness, the Goings Law Firm, LLC in Columbia may be able to work for you. Discuss your situation with us today by calling (803) 350-9230 to find out how we may be able to help you recover from your loss.
An estimated 6.5 million Kraft Mac and Cheese boxes in the US are being recalled by the manufacturer due to possible metal bits that could be mixed into the food, the U.S. News reported on March 17.
According to Kraft Foods Group Inc., the recall affects “Kraft Macaroni & Cheese” original flavor bearing “best before dates” from September 18 to October 11, 2015. The 7.25oz boxes can be bought individually or in three different packages. The company stated that they have received eight complaints from consumers regarding metal contamination in the food products. No one suffered injuries before the recall was issued. The recalled boxes were also sold in other countries in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, and South America. Consumers are warned not to eat the recalled Mac and Cheese products and immediately bring it back to the store to get their money back.
The legal team of the Goings Law Firm, LLC, strongly believes that in Columbia alone, many people unknowingly suffer serious illnesses as a result of eating contaminated foods. If you think this happened to you, our skillful lawyers may possibly work for you in pursuit of financial compensation from the negligent parties responsible. Call us today at (803) 350-9230 to learn more about your legal options.
Over 15,000 pounds of chicken nuggets sold in U.S. markets are being recalled due to plastic pieces found in the meat, a Fox 43 article stated on August 14.
The recall affects the 8oz boxes of Applegate “Naturals” chicken nuggets that can be bought at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods Markets, as well as other retailers across the country. The recall was issued after consumers complained that there were ‘plastic bits’ inside the meat of the chicken nuggets. Applegate explained that one of the plastic containers used to store their raw chicken accidentally mixed with the chicken that was ready for grinding. The U.S. Department of Agriculture stated that there were no reports of illness from the potentially contaminated nuggets. Applegate has already removed the affected products from stores.
People regularly suffer illnesses from accidentally eating unsafe food products. If this has happened to you or to a loved one, a lawyer may be able to help you take legal action against the responsible food companies. Find out how the Columbia personal injury lawyers at the Goings Law Firm, LLC, can help you today by calling (803) 350-9230.
Over 4,000 lbs of raw beef products distributed in several states are being recalled due to possible mad cow disease contamination, CNN reported on June 13.
According to a spokesperson of USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, the cattle used in the recalled beef products that were processed at Fruitland American Meat did undergo the required inspection. The federal agency and the Missouri-based firm were both unaware of anyone affected by mad cow disease. However, the Class II recall was ordered because the beef products, sold from September 2013 until this April, lacked documents that certified that the cattle’s nerve tissues were extracted. People may die from ingesting beef products that are contaminated with mad cow disease, although the condition is rare.
Unexpectedly losing a loved one due to ingestion of defective food products is a terrible emotional loss, and often causes families to struggle financially as well. If you have experienced this in Columbia, the lawyers at Goings Law Firm, LLC, may possibly help you recover your much needed financial remunerations. Speak with us today at (803) 350-9230 to learn more about how we may advocate for you.