Robert F. Goings – Top Voted Personal Injury Attorney
When other attorneys believe you are at the Top, it means something! Robert F. Goings was named in the Midlands of South Carolina as the Top Voted attorney in the field of Personal Injury in the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands. He was voted to this distinction by other attorneys in the Columbia and Midlands area of South Carolina. It is a great honor to be considered by other attorneys as the Top Voted Personal Injury attorney, and we believe this distinction reflects our firms strong reputation for honesty, hard-work, and dedication to our clients. Robert Goings’ reputation in the legal community as a champion for those who have suffered significant injury or a wrongful death is also reflected in being named to Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in South Carolina by the U.S. News and World Reports. Being a highly rated and well respected law firm in the field of personal injury, wrongful death, and workers compensation takes many years of excellent results for clients. From serious motor vehicle collision caused by drunk drivers to medical malpractice and nursing home neglect, Robert Goings and his team of attorneys are highly rated by other attorneys in the legal profession. To learn more about the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands article can be viewed by clicking here.
5 Tips in Hiring the Best Lawyer for Your Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, or Workers’ Compensation Case
We believe that hiring an attorney for your personal injury case is a very important decision. Hiring the right attorney is critical. If you are looking to hire a personal injury attorney, here are some tips for you to consider so that you choose the best attorney for your case:
1. Be Cautious Choosing your Attorney based on a Billboard or a TV Commercial.
- Be careful if you are choosing an attorney solely based on an advertisement. Many times, law firms or attorneys will plaster their names all over billboards around town or run tasteless or cheesy television commercials. Hiring an attorney should not be based on a silly commercial, gimmicky telephone numbers, or promises for a quick check. Don’t be fooled! Ask yourself, do you want an attorney that is spending time their marketing to new clients on TV with cartoon-like characters and big numbers to call, or do you want a serious lawyer that is working hard for clients in and outside of the courtroom? It is hard to be a fighter in the courtroom if your attorney is too busy filming TV commercials or picking out the next billboard to print. We have found that often times the best attorneys don’t need to advertise. And if they do advertise, the advertisement should reflect high achievements and strong ethical commitments to the representation of injured people. We recommend that you hire an attorney who will treat your case as a serious matter and provide you with the best legal representation possible. The Goings Law Firm strives to set itself apart from silly commercial, gimmicky telephone numbers, or promises for a quick check. Instead, we provide sincere, honest and aggressive representation to people and families faced with serious injury and death.
2. Read Online Reviews Before you Hire an Attorney.
- Online reviews from former clients can be very helpful in choosing the best lawyer for your case. When a former client takes the time to leave a review, it helps people searching for an attorney know what law firm would be best suited for their case based on personality, success, and traits that are important to you. You can find reviews on website such as Google, Lawyers.com, and Avvo.com, and we would recommend choosing an attorney with strong recommendations and reviews of former clients. At the same time, we all know that not everybody can be made happy despite how hard you work or how great the result may be for their case. If you are interested in reading the 5 star and 10/10 reviews about the Goings Law Firm and Robert Goings, check out these links: Google Reviews, Lawyers.com Reviews, SuperLawyers Reviews, Avvo.com Reviews. The Goings Law Firm is also featured on Expertise.com as a highly rated and reviewed personal injury firm in Columbia, South Carolina, as shown here.
3. Consider if you want a “High Volume” Law Firm or an Attorney that You Will Give you One-on-One Attention.
- When you are searching for an attorney, it is important to consider if you want a law firm that accepts a “high volume” of cases or claims or if you want a smaller firm that only accepts a select number of clients. Also, do you want your case or file to be a number or would you rather be represented by an attorney who knows you personally and doesn’t treat you as just another number? Because legal matters can often times be complex and time consuming, we have found that we provide the best representation to our clients when our caseload is smaller and more manageable. When a law firm is does not accept a large number of cases, it it naturally easier to develop a relationship with your attorney and for that lawyer to provide one-on-one attention to each client. At the Goings Law Firm, we strive to provide one-on-one attention to each client. You will not be a just a number at our firm. If you want a “high volume” firm, we would not be right fit for you. We don’t operate with a “settlement mill” or “ambulance chaser” mindset, but with the focus on treating you in the same manner we would expect to be treated.
4. Is The Attorney a Real Trial Attorney with Results in Court?
- Another consideration in choosing a personal injury or wrongful death attorney is whether the attorney has a strong track record in going to court. It is important to know if your personal injury attorney has the trial experience to represent you in court. Often times attorneys have no desire or interest in trying cases even though they label themselves as “trial attorneys.” The Goings Law Firm is truly a team of trial attorney who are not scared to go to court! We refuse to take the “low-ball quick check” approach to representing victims. We go to court when necessary. We have found that if the insurance company knows your attorney is willing to take your case to trial before a judge or a jury, then the defendant or insurance company is more likely willing to resolve the case more fairly and with higher compensation. On the other hand, if the defendant or insurance company knows that the attorney has a reputation of never taking the case to trial, then the the defendant or insurance company has no real incentive to fairly compensate you. The Goings Law Firm has made its reputation in the courtroom with verdict after verdict in favor of our clients.
5. Hire an Attorney that Other Attorneys Would Hire.
- Lawyers in the community typically know which lawyers are the best to hire. Asking a lawyer who they would recommend is often a good way to find a lawyer for your case. The Goings Law Firm represents many clients on the recommendation of other attorneys. In fact, attorneys often times refer clients to the Goings Law Firm in situations where a lawsuit is required to be brought in order to get fair compensation. The Goings Law Firm is a firm that other attorneys hire to assist in representing their clients in complex litigation matter involving personal injury, wrongful death, and on the job workers compensation injuries. In fact, Robert F. Goings was named in the Midlands of South Carolina as the Top Voted attorney in the field of Personal Injury in the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands. His honor was based on receiving the top number of votes by other attorneys in the Columbia and Midlands area of South Carolina. We believe that you should hire an attorney that other attorney would hire!
Eight vehicles were involved in a car crash around 7:30am on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 in Columbia, SC, and eight passengers were taken to the hospital from the scene. No report yet on the severity of their injuries.
According to WLTX, the accident occurred when a vehicle spun out of control just as it got to the bottom of the Shop Road ramp onto Interstate-77 and hit three other cars. When traffic came to a sudden stop, four additional vehicles collided. All South-bound lanes on I-77 were closed for about an hour near Exit 6.
The personal injury lawyers at the Goings Law Firm, LLC understand how difficult it can be for people to deal with the aftermath of car crashes. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, we may be able to offer you legal assistance to hold negligent parties accountable. Call us at (803) 350-9230 to learn more about your options.
Kelvin Washington, an elected member of the Richland County Council, was arrested on Saturday, February 27 for driving under the influence. The charges were made in connection with a Hopkins, South Carolina auto accident. The accident occurred when Councilman Washington rear-ended another car at the corner of Bluff Road and Martin Luther King Boulevard in Hopkins, S.C. The South Carolina Highway Patrol reported that the accident happened around 7:45 P.M.
WIS News reports that Councilman Washington’s vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed when the accident occurred. After Councilman Washington hit the car, witnesses report the victim’s vehicle slammed into a utility pole. The driver of the vehicle was a 22-year-old male, who was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He is currently still in ICU. There was also a passenger in the car. Troopers report the passenger is still in the hospital with minor injuries.
This is also not Councilman Washington’s 1st encounter with the law. He recently just pled guilty in a Richland County Court to three counts of tax fraud. To read more about this story, click here.
Contact a Columbia Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
When public officials are elected, we trust them to uphold and follow the laws as regular citizens. When a public official violates that trust by driving drunk, we believe they should be held accountable to the fullest extent that the law allows. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed as the result of a drunk driver in South Carolina, then the Goings Law Firm, LLC is here for you. Call our Columbia office at (803) 350-9230.
Contact a Dram Shop and Alcohol Liability Lawyer in Columbia
While it is not clear in the facts of this case, sometimes in a drunk driving accident, the driver has been drinking at a public restaurant or bar. Restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and other establishments have a legal responsibility not to serve alcohol to patrons who may be intoxicated. In order to hold these businesses responsible, South Carolina has dram shop or social host liability statutes in place to allow the victims of drunk drivers to hold drinking establishments responsible for their negligence. Nevertheless, far too many bars and restaurants continue to over-serve patrons.
Contact the Columbia Legal Team at the Goings Law Firm, LLC Today!
Though nothing can undo the pain that you have already faced in a drunk driving accident, with the help of the Columbia legal team at the Goings Law Firm, LLC you may be able to secure compensation that will help you move forward. Our drunk driving accidents lawyers are ready to hear about your specific situation today. Contact our Columbia offices at (803) 350-9230.
Another auto accident at the center of downtown Columbia has left one car severely damaged. The Columbia auto accident happened at the intersection of two of Columbia’s major roads. One of the cars involved in the accident rolled-over and collided with a traffic light post. Those who are familiar with the city of Columbia know that Assembly and Gervais streets can become very busy during the week. Cars often drive very fast though the intersection and can cause very dangerous conditions.
To read more about this accident, please click here. This is the second accident to happen along Gervais street this week. We reported the first accident to you here on our website.
At the Goings Law Firm, LLC we are very familiar with the Columbia area, and our offices are located in the downtown area. If you have been involved in a Columbia Auto Accident, we are here to help you. Goings Law Firm, LLC today for a free case consultation. Call our office at (803) 350-9230.
On Saturday evening, June 20, 2015, a Richland County man was killed while riding his motorcycle on Leesburg Road. Another Columbia area driver, who was driving under the influence, caused the crash. Reports state that the at-fault driver has been arrested for felony DUI involving a death. The victim of this motorcycle accident leaves behind a wife and two children. To read more on this story from WIS TV, please click the link here.
The Goings Law Firm, LLC is deeply saddened by this truly terrible accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim’s family during this difficult time. In South Carolina, when a driver causes an accident resulting in wrongful death, there can be major criminal consequences. But, the driver can also be held responsible in civil court for the irreparable damages they have caused. At the Goings Law Firm, LLC we understand the significant suffering that a wrongful death accident can cause. Our Columbia Personal Injury Lawyers help prevent injuries as a result of tragic drunk driving accidents like this by seeking punitive damages for the gross reckless and negligent conduct of other drivers. Please contact the Goings Law Firm, LLC in Columbia today at (803) 350-9230 to discuss your case with us for free!
WIS News reported on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 that a deadly car accident happened on Highway 378 just outside of Lexington, S.C. The two-car accident happened when the driver of a truck lost control of his vehicle and collided with the West Columbia woman’s car. The accident shut down all lanes of travel on South Carolina Highway 378. The West Columbia woman was pronounced dead at the scene while the driver of the truck was transported to the hospital for injuries sustained during the crash. The South Carolina Highway Patrol is still investigating the cause of the accident.
At the Goings Law Firm, LLC our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victim in this accident. We believe that nothing can ever truly prepare a family for the loss of a loved one. This tragic experience is often compounded when that loss is the unexpected result of an auto accident caused by someone else’s negligence. While we realize that wrongful death is something that can never be truly justified, but when the death is the result of another person’s negligence, their loved ones can often get the closure and sense of justice they need by holding that party responsible in a wrongful death lawsuit. Robert F. Goings and his staff at the Goings Law Firm, LLC are here to help you through this difficult time and are experienced in helping your family navigate the complexities of a wrongful death suit. To find out how we might be able to defend your rights and seek the justice, closure, and compensation you need after losing a loved one, call (803) 350-9230.