Columbia Knee Injuries Lawyers
If you are suffering from a knee injury you developed because of your work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation, but you may need a lawyer’s help to get it. Knee injuries sustained at work can lead to a significant period away from your job as well as enormous medical bills. This difficult period can be made easier by receiving workers’ compensation, but the application process is famously difficult. Any mistakes can lead to delays or potentially a complete rejection of your application. To make sure the process goes smoothly, you may need to enlist the services of a workers’ compensation lawyer.
Goings Law Firm, LLC has quickly become a staple of the workers’ compensation law scene, assisting workers throughout Columbia with all manner of difficulties and setbacks. We have the experience to help guide you through this difficult time, avoiding mistakes and getting you assistance faster. You don’t have to add concerns about your finances to your list of struggles right now. If you are dealing with a knee injury sustained at work, you can get help now with Goings Law Firm, LLC. Call us at (803) 350-9230 so we can get to work immediately on your claim.
Avoid Delays and Rejections by Getting a Lawyer’s Help
The process for receiving workers’ compensation for a knee injury in South Carolina is complicated and full of opportunities for potential mistakes. Those who have been injured are expected to keep very precise records, to meet numerous deadlines, and to be able to explain their situation at a hearing if necessary.
When the smallest error on an application or lack of clarity about dates or causes can result in delays in your compensation or even a rejection of your claim, you need to make sure you get everything right the first time (or during your appeal if you have already seen your claim rejected). This is a great deal to ask from those who already have the significant burdens of stress, pain, financial distress, and work insecurity to deal with.
By hiring a workers’ compensation attorney for your knee injury, you can rest more comfortably knowing you have someone on your side with experience helping others just like you get through this difficult process. A workers’ compensation lawyer will know the process from start to finish as well as all the laws and expectations related to your claim. They can help you stay organized, get your information straight, and meet your deadlines without burdening yourself with these responsibilities.
Finally, and most importantly, a workers’ compensation lawyer can vastly improve the likelihood you get your claim accepted fully and quickly without any delays or extra demands placed on you.
Goings Law Firm, LLC Can Help
To make sure you have the best chance at a smooth and fast acceptance of your workers’ compensation claim for your knee injury, you should go to the best law firm in Columbia, with experience, knowledge, and a history of getting such claims right.
At Goings Law Firm, LLC, we’ve made a name for ourselves for our rigorous focus on our client’s legal needs. We understand how serious this situation is for you, and we know how to help. Our focus on our clients has led to not just a history of positive outcomes, but numerous awards from our peers. Our attorneys have won prestigious awards like the Compleat Lawyer from the University of South Carolina, and they have been listed among the South Carolina Super Lawyer Rising Stars. Our success comes from a combination of extensive legal knowledge, experience in South Carolina law, and a desire to put everything into helping our clients. That’s why Goings Law Firm, LLC has to be the first firm you call when dealing with your workers’ compensation claim.
Common Causes of Knee Injuries in the Workplace
Knee injuries are very common in every kind of workplace. Injuries can range from short-term pain to life-long disability. To get a better idea of what a knee injury looks like in a South Carolina workplace, here are some of the most common ways knee injuries are sustained on the job:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping: People fall more often than most realize, and every workplace is a potential danger for a serious slip. Whether it’s over-polished floors, a poorly secured carpet, or a spill no one cleaned up, a slip or a trip can lead to severe knee damage.
- Strains and sprains from heavy lifting: Once again, while heavy lifting is often associated with certain jobs of a more physical nature, everything from lifting construction materials to lifting heavy boxes in an office can lead to harm to the knee.
- Falls from a height: Like the above, a fall can happen anywhere. If a ladder is unstable, it can lead to a fall for an individual at any job.
- Too much standing on the feet: Jobs that require a lot of standing can lead to repetitive damage to the knees that cause chronic discomfort.
- Working in awkward positions: Those who don’t sit and stand naturally at their job are also at risk of long-term, slow damage that may require medical assistance to treat.
- Accidents due to motor vehicles or heavy machinery: Accidents can happen anywhere from a parking lot to a factory floor. The accident may involve a motor vehicle, a machine, or other equipment, but the end result is damage to the knees that must be attended to.
If you are dealing with a knee injury as a result of an accident at work, you should seek workers’ compensation, regardless of the specifics of your case. Contact us for assistance.
Contact Goings Law Firm, LLC Today
After a serious knee injury, the last thing you need is stress and potential delays to your assistance. If you are suffering from a workplace injury to your knees, Goings Law Firm, LLC can help you avoid the risks and get your compensation quickly. The sooner we get started, the sooner you get the help you need, so reach out to our workers’ compensation attorneys at (803) 350-9230 right away.