Orangeburg County Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing a loved one unexpectedly is among the most difficult things a family can go through. This loss can be made even worse when it was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another individual. At the Goings Law Firm, LLC, our Orangeburg County legal team understands just how heartbreaking these situations are, and we are committed to holding the responsible party accountable for your loss. While nothing can ever make up for this tragedy, seeing justice served may provide you and your family with a much-needed sense of closure.
Causes of Wrongful Death
Many different acts of carelessness, recklessness, or malice can result in the death of an unsuspecting and innocent individual, with some of the most common causes of wrongful death including:
- Auto Accidents: When a person gets behind the wheel of a vehicle, they have a responsibility to exhibit safe driving behaviors at all times in order to keep others on the road safe. When drivers disregard the safety of others, they can cause catastrophic accidents that cause others to suffer injuries or death. Whether a careless individual caused a wreck by not obeying traffic signals, driving recklessly, or even driving while under the influence, you may be able to hold them accountable for their deadly actions.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Even accidents that may have been minor involving two regular sized automobiles can be deadly if a motorcycle is involved. For this reason, drivers should exercise extra caution around motorcycles. Unfortunately, many do just the opposite, leading to life-long injuries or death for a motorcyclist.
- Truck Accidents: 18-wheeler accidents tend to be more severe due to the large size and weight of these vehicles. With that said, accidents involving negligent semi-truck drivers or trucking companies far too often put unsuspecting motorists in harm’s way.
- Medical Malpractice: We should be able to trust doctors and other medical professionals at all times and, in most cases, we can. However, when medical professionals fail to live up to the standards of their profession, patients can suffer extensive pain, suffering, and even death.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect: When our elderly loved ones transition into assisted living facilities, we rarely expect that they may be subject to abuse and neglect at the hands of the staff that is responsible for taking care of them. However, this is far too often the case, and such abuse can even lead to the early deaths of nursing home residents in the most serious cases.
- Defective Products: You should be able to trust that the products companies put on the market are safe to use as advertised. Sadly, whether due to design, manufacturing, or advertising defects, dangerous products make their way into consumers’ hands far too regularly. Depending on the product and the specific defect, these items can cause devastating injuries and death.
- Construction Accidents: While construction sites are inherently dangerous to workers and those who pass by, construction companies are required to take the proper measures to keep individuals on and near these sites safe. Unfortunately, many fail to do just that, leading to the injury and death of innocent individuals.
In any of these cases, the responsible party should be held accountable for the needless suffering caused to the families who had to endure the loss of their loved one.
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney in Orangeburg County
If your loved one’s life was cut short due to another party’s wrongdoing, contact the Orangeburg County wrongful death attorneys at the Goings Law Firm, LLC, to learn more about what our compassionate team can do to help you in this difficult time. Call our offices at (803) 350-9230 for the help you need.