What to Consider when Hiring an Attorney
When seeking legal representation, there are many factors to consider. Here are five helpful tips to help you find the law firm that will best represent your case.
- Focus – When looking for a lawyer, it’s important to keep the nature of your case in mind. If you have suffered a debilitating injury due to someones negligence, a personal injury law firm will have the knowledge to best handle your legal situation. You need a firm that will focus on your case, not focused on advertising or looking for the next client.
- Experience – Experienced lawyers have a wealth of knowledge when handling multiple types of cases. In addition to having previously represented many clients, experienced lawyers tend to have the confidence and resources that inexperienced lawyers lack. It is very important to hire an attorney that knows how to successfully try cases. An attorney who handles a large number of cases does not mean they are experienced courtroom litigator. We believe that experience is only earned in the courtroom.
- Results – Researching the winnings of a prospective law firm is a useful way to evaluate their efficacy in court. Unlike other factors, results will show you quantitative proof of how well the law firm has performed.
- Location – Law firms that practice in a similar geographical region to you will be familiar with specific regional and state legal factors. The Goings Law Firm, LLC is located in downtown Columbia, in walking distance to the South Carolina Supreme Court, South Carolina Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for South Carolina, and the South Carolina Workers Compensation Commission. Our location in Columbia allows this firm to represent clients throughout South Carolina.
- Size – The size of a law firm is a significant matter to consider when hiring a lawyer. Since larger law firms employ more people, they are able to take on more cases. However, smaller law firms are able to offer clients high quality face-to-face representation. We believe that small firms can provide the best legal representation.
Contact a Columbia South Carolina Attorney located in the Midlands
The attorneys at the Goings Law Firm, LLC, provide the people of South Carolina with experienced personal injury representation. In addition to personal injury law and workers compensation, the Goings Law Firm, LLC, handles business litigation in state and federal courts. To speak with a member of our legal team, call (803) 350-9230.