Forest Acres Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured in an accident in Forest Acres? Was the accident caused by another party’s careless or reckless actions or behavior? If so, you may be entitled to pursue a claim for compensation from those at fault for your injuries and losses. A Forest Acres personal injury lawyer can provide you with the expert advice and legal help that you need.
At Goings Law Firm, LLC, we understand the devastating impact of being injured in an accident. You are facing overwhelming medical bills and other expenses and are having trouble dealing with the insurance companies. You don’t have to go through this alone. Let us handle all the details of your case while you focus on your treatment and getting back to your normal life.
After you have been hurt through no fault of your own in an accident in Forest Acres, turn to the attorneys of Goings Law Firm, LLC for a free initial case review to learn more about what we can do to help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
What Can a Forest Acres Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, we can help you to pursue a claim for compensation by:
- Taking the time to sit down with you and hear your story, answer all the questions you have, and understanding your needs, goals, and concerns.
- Ensuring you get the medical treatment you need for your injuries.
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to recover evidence we can use to prove who should be held liable for your injuries.
- Calculating the full extent of your past, ongoing, and future expenses and losses.
- Retaining experts to persuasively testify about the technical aspects of your case.
- Filing insurance claims on your behalf and vigorously pursuing a fair and full settlement of your case.
- Advocating your case in court and at trial if necessary to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Types of Personal Injuries We Help Clients Recover From
At Goings Law Firm, LLC, our Forest Acres personal injury lawyers have extensive experience assisting clients who have cases that involve:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- ATV/4-Wheeler accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train and railroad accidents
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Chemical exposure
- Construction injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Dram shop liability
- Product liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Burn injuries
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
What Compensation Can You Receive in a Personal Injury Case?
In a personal injury claim, you may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and financial or personal losses that you have incurred due to your injuries. A compensation award may cover items such as:
- Medical bills and expenses, including purchases of prescriptions or medical/mobility devices and equipment
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disabilities or chronic medical conditions that result from your injuries
- Loss of income from time missed from work during the recovery period from an accident
- Loss of future earning capacity and employment benefits if you are permanently disabled from your job or other forms of gainful employment
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life or life expectancy due to the long-term or permanent effects of your injuries
What Should You Do after Suffering an Accident in Forest Acres?
After you have been injured in an accident, steps you can take to put yourself in the best position possible to pursue a legal claim for compensation include:
- Documenting the accident scene by using a cell phone to take photos and video, and by getting statements and contact information from any eyewitnesses.
- Seeking medical treatment as soon as possible to diagnose injuries you sustained in the accident and to receive a treatment plan. Make sure to follow your treatment instructions to ensure a smooth physical recovery.
- Preserving copies of your medical records, bills and invoices, and income statements to help document your injuries and losses.
- Recording your recovery by keeping a journal, including documenting the pain and impact to your quality of life
You should also speak with a Forest Acres personal injury lawyer from Goings Law Firm, LLC as soon as possible to discuss what next options you have for pursuing financial recovery for your injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may be wondering what the process of filing a claim is like, or have other questions about working with an attorney. We’ve answered some of the questions we hear most often from our clients for you here.
How much does a Forest Acres personal injury lawyer cost?
If you were injured in an accident, you should not have to worry about the expense of getting experienced legal representation for your case. A personal injury attorney can handle your claim on a contingent fee basis. That means you do not have to pay any fees upfront and that you won’t be charged hourly fees by your lawyer. Instead, you only pay when your Forest Acres personal injury lawyer recovers compensation for you in a settlement or by winning your case at trial.
What is involved in the personal injury claims process?
Most personal injury claims are resolved through settlement negotiations long before the claim ends up in court or goes to trial. Insurance companies usually prefer settlement over the expense of litigation. But if a fair settlement cannot be reached, you may need to file a lawsuit to pursue your claim. After filing a complaint in court, the next step in the litigation process involves discovery, where the parties exchange information and documents and depose each other’s witnesses. If a lawsuit is not settled at any point during the litigation, the case will eventually go to trial, where a jury or a judge will decide the case.
How long will my case take?
Although no one can predict exactly how long any personal injury case may take, various factors can affect the length of a case. These include the need for in-depth investigation and review of complex evidence, whether you have suffered serious injuries and require long-term treatment, or whether the other party or the insurance company accepts liability for your injuries. You can talk to a Forest Acres personal injury lawyer from Goings Law Firm, LLC about the specifics of your case.
Contact Our Firm to Speak to a Forest Acres Personal Injury Lawyer Today
When you have been injured through no fault of your own in an accident in Forest Acres, call Goings Law Firm, LLC at (803) 350-9230 or contact us through our website today. You’ll get a free, no-obligation consultation to go over your rights and options with a knowledgeable Forest Acres personal injury lawyer from our firm.