Columbia Speeding Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a collision caused by reckless speeding, you are probably struggling to recover from your injuries and pay for your medical expenses. This might be even more challenging if your injuries are keeping you from working and earning a paycheck. You do not need to suffer through this challenging time on your own. Reach out to the Columbia car accident attorneys at Goings Law Firm, LLC today.
The faster a vehicle is traveling, the more difficult it is to maneuver, control, or stop – and the more likely it is to cause a dangerous accident. As a vehicle’s speed increases, the distance needed to fully stop that vehicle also increases. A driver who is speeding has less time to see and react to sudden hazards. Speeding is often the cause of devastating car accidents, and pedestrian and bicycle accidents, as well.
While exceeding the speed limit is commonplace among drivers throughout the United States, it is also a very dangerous habit. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding has contributed to approximately one-third of vehicle accident fatalities every year over the last two decades.
The attorneys from Goings Law Firm, LLC understand how devastating an accident can be and will provide you with guidance and support while working to secure the full compensation you need. Call us today at (803) 350-9230 to schedule a free consultation.
How a Goings Law Firm, LLC Lawyer Will Help You
When you’re injured as a result of someone’s disregard for traffic laws, you do have a legal recourse to hold them financially accountable, but accident claims and lawsuits can be a stressful and tedious process. When you retain the services of the legal team at Goings Law Firm, LLC, we will take the burden of your speeding accident claim off your shoulders. You can take care of yourself, while we take care of ensuring the best possible outcome for your case.
You’ll be updated on the developments of your claim, but you won’t have to contend with the following responsibilities because we will be handling them for you:
- Filing the claim and handling all the communication – Your claim will be filed promptly and accurately. Your lawyer will correspond on your behalf with all of the involved parties, such as insurance companies or other motorists. We will skillfully handle all of the settlement negotiations to thwart any lowball offers and achieve the financial award you are entitled to.
- Investigating the circumstances and identifying who is liable – We will gather evidence to support your claim and prove the speeding driver and potentially other parties were liable for the accident and your injuries.
- Establishing fair compensation – Your lawyer will identify all of the eligible expenses and losses you have incurred to determine the full amount of compensation you deserve, and they’ll fight to ensure it is awarded to you.
- Going to court if necessary – Most personal injury claims can be successfully settled without litigation, but if the other parties are not cooperative and a fair settlement cannot be negotiated, Goings Law Firm, LLC is more than prepared and equipped to argue your case in civil court proceedings.
Prevalent Injuries Caused by Speeding Accidents
Some people are fortunate enough to walk away from speeding vehicle accidents with just minor wounds, but speeding accidents often result in serious medical problems that lead to extended hospital stays and health issues that can last for months, years, or even be permanent.
During a high-speed crash, vehicles are subjected to such brutal force that seatbelts and airbags are not always enough to protect occupants from severe injury. A pedestrian or cyclist who is struck by a speeding vehicle is even more exposed to the magnitude of the impact. The intensity of the injuries is affected not only by the rate of speed, but other factors such as seatbelt usage, location of the impact, and the weight and type of vehicle involved.
There is a wide range of injuries that can occur in speeding accidents, such as:
- Abrasions, bruises, burns, and cuts
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash and other traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured ribs and other bones
- Paralysis and other spinal cord injuries
It is vital to seek medical attention following any speeding accident, even if you think you haven’t been seriously harmed. Certain conditions do not show symptoms immediately but can still pose a serious risk. Timely documentation of your medical conditions is also important for supporting a personal injury claim.
Potential Compensation for Speeding Accident Claims
At Goings Law Firm, LLC, we understand how stressful the aftermath of a speeding accident can be and how important it is to obtain financial relief, so you can cover your medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and more. We put all of our experience, skills, and resources to work to help you get compensated for everything you deserve.
Following are some of the types of compensation we seek from liable parties:
- Medical expenses – The total cost of all current and future medical treatment necessary for your injuries, including medication, hospitalization, surgery, medical equipment, rehabilitation, physical therapy, etc.
- Loss of income and future earning potential – If your injuries kept you from being able to go to work and earn your pay, or if you won’t be able to do your job at your previous capacity, this type of financial loss should be reimbursed.
- Emotional losses – The trauma of your accident can result in emotional distress from pain, depression, disfigurement, disability, and loss of enjoyment or participation in activities and should also factor into your compensation.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one due to an accident caused by a speeding accident, you are entitled by South Carolina law to take civil action against the at-fault driver to pursue damages.
Seek Legal Guidance in Columbia After a Speeding Accident
Your best option for holding a reckless driver accountable for causing a speeding accident is to turn to a knowledgeable lawyer with the drive and skills to build a strong case on your behalf. A speeding accident attorney at Goings Law Firm, LLC can offer sound advice and provide comprehensive representation to secure the financial recovery you’re due.
We want to help you just as we’ve helped many other Columbia residents over the last decade, so don’t wait to get in touch with us by phone at (803) 350-9230 or contact us online.