Columbia Chemical Exposure Attorneys
Exposure to toxic chemicals is a serious issue that can have devastating consequences for victims. Chemical exposure can cause both immediate and long-term injuries and illnesses, and if left untreated, chemical exposure may even cause the wrongful death of an individual. Even with medical treatment, chemical exposure victims may still have to confront a wide range of difficult circumstances when moving forward with their lives.
Chemical exposure can occur in many ways, but as our team at the Goings Law Firm, LLC, knows, is often the result of someone else’s negligence in Columbia. In these circumstances, exposure victims may be entitled to compensation to help them deal with the challenges they are likely facing. As many victims struggle to cope not only with the physical repercussions of chemical exposure, but also the psychological and financial ones, this compensation is often critical.
Do I Need a Chemical Exposure Lawyer?
If you or a loved one is experiencing health issues because of dangerous chemical exposure, you are likely facing medical bills, time spent away from work, and exhaustion. While many people choose to file an injury claim on their own, they often don’t know just how much a skilled lawyer can help their case.
An experienced lawyer can be crucial support and advocate for you. Many people don’t understand the delay tactics that companies use when trying to avoid compensating an injury victim, but a lawyer does. Not only do you stand to receive a much better settlement with the help of a lawyer, but you stand to receive it more quickly.
Why Hire Goings Law Firm, LLC to Handle My Case?
Our lawyers know that you have a choice when searching for the right legal representation in Columbia. With our years of experience, we strive to make sure that our clients feel heard and supported throughout the process. We firmly believe that legal representation shouldn’t be an added burden for injury victims, but a trusted source of comfort. Because an injury is expensive enough, unless we are able to secure a favorable outcome for you, we do not ask for any payment.
Types of Chemical Exposure Cases
When wearing the right protective gear around a harmful chemical, many devastating outcomes can be avoided. However, many people are not properly warned or protected which can worsen their physical condition and prolong their recovery time. No matter how you became exposed to a toxic substance, speak with a lawyer to learn if you can take legal action.
The following are some chemicals that can have devastating effects on your health:
- Asbestos – This is a substance that was widely used for building and manufacturing throughout most of the 20th century. Unfortunately, it was later discovered that prolonged asbestos inhalation causes a cancerous condition called Mesothelioma. While treatable, Mesothelioma is not curable and causes about 1,000 fatalities each year.
- Carbon Monoxide – Carbon monoxide is a fatal gas that has no odor. It causes many people to feel lethargic and pass out before reaching safety. Many homes and facilities are equipped with carbon monoxide detectors to protect occupants.
- Metal – Overexposure to metals is also called heavy metal toxicity. There are many metals that can cause this condition, but the most-widely reported cases involve mercury, lead, and aluminum.
- Environmental Contamination – This includes harmful chemicals in the water, soil, or air. In some instances, this exposure can occur in the home when a harmful product isn’t stored correctly. However, in other more serious cases, environmental contamination occurs when cities and municipalities fail to properly filter water or regulate harmful emissions.
- Diacetyl – It’s no secret that the food industry uses chemicals to make food products addictive. A chemical called Diacetyl is used in the production of popcorn butter. Workers employed in facilities that manufacture this butter have developed serious respiratory issues as a result.
- Herbicides and Pesticides – The agricultural industry uses these chemicals to protect their plants from pests and weeds. Unfortunately, saving the plants can cost people their lives. Many cases of cancer have been linked to pesticides and herbicides, like RoundUp.
If you have been exposed to any of these or other chemicals as a result of another party’s negligence or failure to warn, you may be eligible for compensation through a personal injury claim.
Damaging Results of Chemical Exposure
Chemical exposure can cause a variety of different forms of harm to victims, including the following:
- Chemical burns
- Loss of motor skills
- Loss of sight
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Memory loss
- Cognitive impairment
Sadly, these are just some of the many different ways that chemical exposure can damage the lives of victims. If you have been injured or become ill after chemical exposure, please get in touch with an attorney to see if you have a case. Many people worry that a lawyer will complicate their situation, but the truth is a skilled legal team is often the exact support system that you need at a difficult time.
Speak with a Chemical Exposure Lawyer in Columbia
When you have been the victim of chemical exposure, our attorneys at the Goings Law Firm, LLC, believe that you shouldn’t have to confront the consequences by yourself. With our help, you may be able to hold the person or entity who negligently caused you to be exposed to chemicals responsible, which, in turn, could provide you with much-needed financial compensation. Talk about your legal options and pursuing the justice you are seeking by calling us at (803) 350-9230 today.