Have you been searching for the top workers’ compensation attorney in South Carolina? There is no list that ranks the “best” attorney for workers’ compensation, but we believe that finding the right attorney to represent you is critical to a successful outcome.
If you have been injured in a work related accident, it is important to hire an experienced workers compensation attorney that can help you get the medical treatment, out of work checks, and settlement for your physical impairment that you are entitled to receive under the law. On the job injuries can be financially devastating if you do not have a qualified attorney protecting your best interests before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
There is no list that ranks the “best” attorney for workers’ compensation, but we believe that finding the right attorney to represent you is critical to a successful outcome. When you are searching for an attorney to represent you in your workers’ compensation claim, here are some tips for you to consider so that you choose the best attorney for your case:
1. HIRE AN ATTORNEY THAT FOCUSES ON REPRESENTING INJURED WORKERS IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION.
The laws of Workers’ Compensation in South Carolina are unique and often require specialized skill and training to fully understand. We believe it is important to hire a workers’ compensation firm that focuses its practice on representing injured workers. Many lawyers handle a variety of matters, such as real estate, divorce, wills, or traffic court, but the lawyer that you should hire for a workers’ compensation matter should make representing injured workers a top priority. The lawyers at the Goings Law Firm all are trained in workers’ compensation and have considerable experience appearing before the Workers’ Compensation Commission, which makes this firm a great pick for your work accident injury.
2. READ ONLINE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU HIRE A WORKER’S COMPENSATION ATTORNEY.
- Have you taken the time to read reviews of attorneys who handle worker’s compensation claim? We find that online reviews from former clients can be very helpful in picking the best workers’ compensation attorney for your case. You can find reviews on website such as Google, Lawyers.com, and Avvo.com, and we would recommend choosing an attorney with strong recommendations and reviews of former clients. When you read the reviews, understand that not every person can be pleased despite how hard you work or how great the result may be for their case. If you are interested in reading the 5 star and 10/10 reviews about the Goings Law Firm, check out these links: Lawyers.com Reviews, SuperLawyers Reviews, Avvo.com Reviews. The Goings Law Firm is also featured on Expertise.com as a highly ranked injury firm in South Carolina, as shown here.
3. ONE-ON-ONE ATTENTION IS IMPORTANT.
- One-on-one attention to you and your case should be a necessary factor in deciding to hire an attorney. Ask yourself, do you want to retain an attorney that accepts a “high volume” of injury claims, or do you want an attorney who will get to know you personally and doesn’t treat you as just another number? We believe that smaller caseloads make for better attorney client relationship, which often fosters a better outcome for your particular case. At the Goings Law Firm, we provide one-on-one attention to each client.
4. MAKE SURE THE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY TAKES YOUR CASE ON A CONTINGENCY FEE BASIS.
- How you pay your attorney for an injury on the job is important. The best way for an injured worker to pay for an attorney is through a contingency fee basis. This allows you to hire an attorney without ever paying a penny out of pocket. The attorneys would only be compensated if they obtain financial compensation in your favor, so in essence, the attorney’s fees are only “contingent” on your attorney obtaining a monetary result for you. A contingency fee arrangement allows an injured worker to hire an attorney without costing anything on the front end and the attorney bears the risk, not you. Importantly, contingency fee incentives your attorney to get you the most money possible, because the attorneys’ fees are tied to a percentage of the overall settlement or recovery. Additionally, your attorney should advance all associated legal costs so that you do not incur any upfront charges or bills during the course of your representation. At the Goings Law Firm, we only handle workers’ compensation claims under at contingency basis and our attorney’s fees and costs are always approved by the Workers’ Compensation Commission so you know that you are being treated fairly and not being overcharged.
5. DOES THE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY HAVE A TRACK RECORD FOR SUCCESS?
- Another consideration in choosing a worker’s compensation is whether law firm has a proven track record for success in court. Often times attorneys have no desire or interest in going to court, and instead take the easy route through opting for a settlement that is less than the value of the case. We refuse to take the “low-ball quick check” approach to helping injured workers. When the insurance company refuses to give proper medical treatment or pay you what your case is worth, we take them to court. If workers’ compensation insurance carrier knows you are willing to take your case to trial, this allows you to resolve the case more fairly and with higher compensation. The Goings Law Firm has a proven track record of winning cases for injured workers before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, and we look forward to the opportunity to win your case if you are faced with a serious on the job injury.
6. HIRE A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY THAT OTHER ATTORNEYS TRUST.
- We recommend hiring a workers’ compensation attorney that other attorneys trust for serious injuries that occur on the job. Asking a lawyer who they would recommend is often a good way to find an experienced attorney. Many of the workers’ compensation clients of this firm are based on recommendations from other attorneys. The Goings Law Firm is a firm that other attorneys routinely trust and hire in representing their clients before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Robert F. Goings – Top Voted Personal Injury Attorney
When other attorneys believe you are at the Top, it means something! Robert F. Goings was named in the Midlands of South Carolina as the Top Voted attorney in the field of Personal Injury in the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands. He was voted to this distinction by other attorneys in the Columbia and Midlands area of South Carolina. It is a great honor to be considered by other attorneys as the Top Voted Personal Injury attorney, and we believe this distinction reflects our firms strong reputation for honesty, hard-work, and dedication to our clients. Robert Goings’ reputation in the legal community as a champion for those who have suffered significant injury or a wrongful death is also reflected in being named to Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in South Carolina by the U.S. News and World Reports. Being a highly rated and well respected law firm in the field of personal injury, wrongful death, and workers compensation takes many years of excellent results for clients. From serious motor vehicle collision caused by drunk drivers to medical malpractice and nursing home neglect, Robert Goings and his team of attorneys are highly rated by other attorneys in the legal profession. To learn more about the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands article can be viewed by clicking here.
5 Tips in Hiring the Best Lawyer for Your Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, or Workers’ Compensation Case
We believe that hiring an attorney for your personal injury case is a very important decision. Hiring the right attorney is critical. If you are looking to hire a personal injury attorney, here are some tips for you to consider so that you choose the best attorney for your case:
1. Be Cautious Choosing your Attorney based on a Billboard or a TV Commercial.
- Be careful if you are choosing an attorney solely based on an advertisement. Many times, law firms or attorneys will plaster their names all over billboards around town or run tasteless or cheesy television commercials. Hiring an attorney should not be based on a silly commercial, gimmicky telephone numbers, or promises for a quick check. Don’t be fooled! Ask yourself, do you want an attorney that is spending time their marketing to new clients on TV with cartoon-like characters and big numbers to call, or do you want a serious lawyer that is working hard for clients in and outside of the courtroom? It is hard to be a fighter in the courtroom if your attorney is too busy filming TV commercials or picking out the next billboard to print. We have found that often times the best attorneys don’t need to advertise. And if they do advertise, the advertisement should reflect high achievements and strong ethical commitments to the representation of injured people. We recommend that you hire an attorney who will treat your case as a serious matter and provide you with the best legal representation possible. The Goings Law Firm strives to set itself apart from silly commercial, gimmicky telephone numbers, or promises for a quick check. Instead, we provide sincere, honest and aggressive representation to people and families faced with serious injury and death.
2. Read Online Reviews Before you Hire an Attorney.
- Online reviews from former clients can be very helpful in choosing the best lawyer for your case. When a former client takes the time to leave a review, it helps people searching for an attorney know what law firm would be best suited for their case based on personality, success, and traits that are important to you. You can find reviews on website such as Google, Lawyers.com, and Avvo.com, and we would recommend choosing an attorney with strong recommendations and reviews of former clients. At the same time, we all know that not everybody can be made happy despite how hard you work or how great the result may be for their case. If you are interested in reading the 5 star and 10/10 reviews about the Goings Law Firm and Robert Goings, check out these links: Google Reviews, Lawyers.com Reviews, SuperLawyers Reviews, Avvo.com Reviews. The Goings Law Firm is also featured on Expertise.com as a highly rated and reviewed personal injury firm in Columbia, South Carolina, as shown here.
3. Consider if you want a “High Volume” Law Firm or an Attorney that You Will Give you One-on-One Attention.
- When you are searching for an attorney, it is important to consider if you want a law firm that accepts a “high volume” of cases or claims or if you want a smaller firm that only accepts a select number of clients. Also, do you want your case or file to be a number or would you rather be represented by an attorney who knows you personally and doesn’t treat you as just another number? Because legal matters can often times be complex and time consuming, we have found that we provide the best representation to our clients when our caseload is smaller and more manageable. When a law firm is does not accept a large number of cases, it it naturally easier to develop a relationship with your attorney and for that lawyer to provide one-on-one attention to each client. At the Goings Law Firm, we strive to provide one-on-one attention to each client. You will not be a just a number at our firm. If you want a “high volume” firm, we would not be right fit for you. We don’t operate with a “settlement mill” or “ambulance chaser” mindset, but with the focus on treating you in the same manner we would expect to be treated.
4. Is The Attorney a Real Trial Attorney with Results in Court?
- Another consideration in choosing a personal injury or wrongful death attorney is whether the attorney has a strong track record in going to court. It is important to know if your personal injury attorney has the trial experience to represent you in court. Often times attorneys have no desire or interest in trying cases even though they label themselves as “trial attorneys.” The Goings Law Firm is truly a team of trial attorney who are not scared to go to court! We refuse to take the “low-ball quick check” approach to representing victims. We go to court when necessary. We have found that if the insurance company knows your attorney is willing to take your case to trial before a judge or a jury, then the defendant or insurance company is more likely willing to resolve the case more fairly and with higher compensation. On the other hand, if the defendant or insurance company knows that the attorney has a reputation of never taking the case to trial, then the the defendant or insurance company has no real incentive to fairly compensate you. The Goings Law Firm has made its reputation in the courtroom with verdict after verdict in favor of our clients.
5. Hire an Attorney that Other Attorneys Would Hire.
- Lawyers in the community typically know which lawyers are the best to hire. Asking a lawyer who they would recommend is often a good way to find a lawyer for your case. The Goings Law Firm represents many clients on the recommendation of other attorneys. In fact, attorneys often times refer clients to the Goings Law Firm in situations where a lawsuit is required to be brought in order to get fair compensation. The Goings Law Firm is a firm that other attorneys hire to assist in representing their clients in complex litigation matter involving personal injury, wrongful death, and on the job workers compensation injuries. In fact, Robert F. Goings was named in the Midlands of South Carolina as the Top Voted attorney in the field of Personal Injury in the 2019 Columbia Business Monthly’s Legal Elite of the Midlands. His honor was based on receiving the top number of votes by other attorneys in the Columbia and Midlands area of South Carolina. We believe that you should hire an attorney that other attorney would hire!