If you are considering hiring a lawyer to represent you for an injury that occurred in the course and scope of your job, you will need to determine who is the best workers’ compensation lawyer for you. Hiring the best attorney is important. We caution people from choosing a lawyer based on silly advertisements, paid actors on commercials, or representations that appear too good to be true. You will not find any gimmicks with our firm! When injuries on the job, you need a serious lawyer that devotes time meeting with clients and representing them in court. Experience matters in hiring a workers’ compensation attorney in South Carolina. Here are some tips on hiring a workers’ compensation attorney based on frequently asked questions:
1. Should I hire a workers’ compensation attorney?
- If you have been injured on the job, the first questions to ask yourself is “Do I need to hire an attorney?” An attorney is not required for all workers’ compensation claims. In fact, many job injuries do not require the need for an attorney if injury is not severe or your work is not limited. However, we strongly recommend that you consult with an attorney if you fall within any of these categories:
- The workers’ compensation carrier has delayed or been been slow in providing medical care.
- The worker’s compensation carrier has denied your claim.
- If your injury requires surgery.
- If your injury requires you to be out of work for over 14 days.
- If your injury requires hospitalization.
- If you have not received a workers’ compensation check for being out of work.
- If any of these situations apply to you, then we strongly recommend contacting our office today to see if we can represent you in your workers’ compensation claim.
2. Will the Insurance Company hire an attorney?
- Yes, the insurance company will have a team of attorneys to represent the interests of the insurance company and the employer regardless of you hiring an attorney. If the insurance company and the employer always has attorneys representing them, shouldn’t you have an attorney to represent you? It’s can be dangerous to represent yourself in a workers’ compensation claim. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you if your injury falls within any of the categories above.
3. Who should I hire to represent me in my workers’ compensation claim?
- It is important to hire the best attorney to represent injured workers in workers’ compensation claims. We believe the best representation that you can receive is to hire an attorney who only practices in the field of workers’ compensation. Not every attorney in South Carolina handles workers’ compensation claims. The workers’ compensation system is unique in South Carolina. The South Carolina worker’s compensation laws consist of thousands of pages of statutory laws and regulations, and case law from the South Carolina Court of Appeals and South Carolina Supreme Court. It is important to hire an attorney with a sole and singular focus in representing injury workers before the Workers’ Compensation Commission. The workers’ compensation team at the Goings Law Firm has the sole mission of only representing injured workers.
4. Look at Testimonials or Reviews when Hiring your Attorney.
- We believe that online testimonials and reviews are a great place to start when choosing a lawyers for your workers’ compensation claim. Testimonials and reviews allow you to hear from past clients who have dealt with the law office to determine if you are the right fit for that firm. We would recommend that you look at sites, like Facebook, Google, Avvo, Super Lawyers, Expertise, and Lawyers.com. You will find that the Goings Law Firm has received great reviewed from former clients!
5. Why Hire the Goings Law Firm as your Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
- When you hire the Goings Law Firm, you are getting a team of dedicated workers’ compensation professionals to represent you. We believe experience matters. The more experience your attorney has, the more likely they have seen similar cases in the past and know the best ways to prove your claim. Robert Goings founded the workers’ compensation practice. Year after year, Robert Goings receives honors for his commitment to fighting for the right of the injury. In 2019, Robert was recognized as Legal Elite under Personal Injury Law for the Columbia/Midlands Business Monthly publication. He received the most votes for Personal Injury Law and was nominated by his peers in Columbia as the Top Personal Injury Lawyer in the Midlands.
- The workers’ compensation team is lead by Christian Boesl. Christian has devoted his career to workers’ compensation in South Carolina. He is listed as a Super Lawyer and in the Best Lawyers in America in the field of Workers’ Compensation. Before joining the Goings Law Firm, Christian lead the workers’ compensation team at one of the state’s most respected insurance workers’ compensation defense firms for nearly 15 years. In defending workers’ compensation claims, he knows how the “other side” works in order to best represent you before the Workers’ Compensation Commission. His experience in defending workers’ compensation claims has proven invaluable in helping injured workers get the benefits and compensation that they deserve under the law. Many clients and opposing counsel refer to Christian’s efforts as “relentless”, “hard-charging”, and “aggressively confident.” We believe Christian is the go-to attorney for Workers’ Compensation based on his proven results both in and outside of the courtroom. Additionally, the paralegals that work at the Goings Law Firm on the workers’ compensation team only focus on workers’ compensation claims. These paralegals have a combined more than 20 years experience for on the job injuries to ensure that your case is properly handled and that your questions are timely answered. Just check out the reviews online about our workers’ compensation practice.
6. How much does the Goings Law Firm charge to represent me?
- For on the job injuries and workers’ compensation claims, the Goings Law Firm only represents clients on a no-obligation contingency fee basis. This means that we only get paid if you receive compensation. If you lose, then you owe nothing to our office. Our fee is a percentage of the recovery based on the amount permitted by the statutory laws and regulations for workers’ compensation claims in South Carolina. Our fees are fair, and reasonable, and are always approved by the Workers’ Compensation commission. Due to the complex nature of workers’ compensation laws, we believe that clients have a better chance in getting a better resolution with the aid of an experienced lawyer instead of representing yourself in court. There is a lot of value in hiring a firm like the Goings Law Firm.
7. How do I get in touch with the Goings Law Firm for my on the job injury?
- Contacting the Goings Law Firm is easy! Simply call or text us today to see if we can help you get the benefits and compensation that you deserve for your on the job injury.